You will need:
Strainer and deep bowl (or pitcher and wooden spoon)
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Line a strainer with 3-4 sheets of cheese cloth so that it passes slightly over the sides.
- Spoon the yogourt mixture into the cheesecloth filter and bring the sides together and twist to form a bundle. Place the strainer over a bowl big enough to let the liquid drip away. To speed up the process and get a dryer cheese, place a weight over the top of the bundle the same size in circumference. (If you do not have a strainer, you can attach the bundle on a wooden spoon and let it hang in a tall container for the liquid to drain.)
- Transfer everything to the refrigerator. Let drain for at least 8 hours, and up to 24. The longer you wait, the less moisture it will have and the thicker it will be. The volume will also reduce as it drains.
- Remove the mixture from the filter and place in a hermetically sealed container in the refrigerator until use. Keep refrigerated; it is best when used within one week.
- add lemon zest and cracked pepper with a splash of olive oil
- add a couple of crushed cloves of roasted garlic or chopped fresh herbs
- great with fish or simply with avocado toast and thinly sliced cucumbers